*UPDATE: FREE MEALS FOR ALL STUDENTS EFFECTIVE 9/14/2020*
I am pleased to announce the federal government extended a program to our district that will allow us to feed all children in the community under the age of 18 at no cost to students and their families. This program is for all children living the Northwestern Lehigh School District whether they are in the buildings, learning from home in the Hybrid model, learning fully on-line or not enrolled in school. The program is permitted to run until the end of 2020 or until the federal government funding is no longer available. We will offer families the opportunity to pick up meals beginning Wednesday, September 16th, 2020 for use when your child/children are not in the building.
Let me reiterate, we will offer free meals (Breakfast & Lunch) to all enrolled students regardless of your free, reduced or full pay. All students attending school in person will receive their meals in the cafeteria at no charge. There will be no cost to you.
This form will be open each Wednesday at 12:00 noon and closed Monday at 12:00 noon. Please order your meals each week.
You will need to sign up for the Grab-n-Go meals on the NWLehighSD website. Please select Departments > Food Service > Grab-n-Go Program > Please click here to order your Grab-n-Go meals. Please complete the form in it's entirety for each student/child you are enrolling. All pickups will be on Wednesdays from 11:00am - 12:30pm. You will need to pick up at Weisenberg Elementary or the High School. Hybrid meals will include 3 breakfasts and 3 lunches all other students/children will receive 5 breakfasts and 5 lunches.
If you have any questions, please call me at 610-298-8661 ext.1255 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to serving your children.
- The Grab-n-Go Program meal program’s offered until 12/31/2020 or until funding has expired.
- Families are encouraged to reach out to the Lowhill Food Pantry (https://www.lowhillfoodpantry.com) if additional assistance is needed.
Meal Pick-Up Day:
- Meal pick-up day for individuals participating in the grab n' go program will be on Wednesdays from 11:00 am - 12:30pm. Pick up your at the site you speficied on the order form.
- All children un der 18 years of age who live in the Northwestern Lehigh School District.
- NOTE: Your child(ren) may be eligible for free or reduced breakfasts and lunches after this prorgam expires. Please complete an online meals application by going to https://www.compass.state.pa.us/ to determine your eligibility.
What does it cost?
- There is no cost.
How do I order a meal?
- NWLehighSD website. Please select Departments > Food Service > Grab-n-Go Program > Please click here to order your Grab-n-Go meals
- Your child's student ID is the number your child uses for lunch. Ask him/her what code they type in for lunch at school
How does pick-up work?
Pick up will be on WEDNESDAYS effective 9/14/2020 from 11:00am - 12:30pm daily (No earlier or later).
(1) Come to the school you select in the form, either Weisenberg or Northwestern Elementary
(2) Follow the traffic pattern as defined below
(3) Once in the BLUE section, a NWLSD employee will come out, verify your name, and give you your meal(s)
**** DO NOT GET OUT OF YOUR CAR **** WE WILL COME TO YOUR CAR ****
NWE Elem. Pick-Up Traffic Pattern (Green - Enter; Blue - Pick-up Zone; Red - Exit)
Weisenberg Pick-Up Traffic Pattern (Green - Enter; Blue - Pick-up Zone; Red - Exit)