FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Where can I access a meal application for my child/children? ( each household must fill out a new meal application every school year, uless you have recieved a letter from the school district that you have been pre approved through the Department of Welfare and Human Services.
- On Line Secure Meal Application (compass.pa.us)
2. Must all my children be on a different application?
- NO all children need to be on one application
3. How will I know if they have been approved?
- You will receive a letter from the Food Servce Department informing you of the results of your application
4. Am I responsible for meal charges prior to being approved for the meal program?
5. Are snacks and other ala carte items covered in the meal program?
6. Must I use the on line payment system K12?
- No but it is highly recommended ( automatic payment options, email notifications, balance reminders, lunch activity, etc.)
7. Can I only use the K12 payment system to check balances and to have email notices sent?
- Yes, the K-12 payment system allows you to check balances 24/7, 365 days a year. It will also email you reminders for low balances and automatic payment alerts
7. When are balance due letters sent home to families?
- Monthly, the balance due letter are sent to households that have charged 5 or more lunches.
6. Can I pay with a check or cash?
- Yes, we prefer a check made out to the NWLSD Food Service Dept ( please include Student ID #)
7. Can I pay for all of my children with one check?
- Yes, please write the Student ID #'s or full names so we can determine the distribution of funds
8. Where does my childs left over $ Money go at the end of the school year?
- The funds will carry over with your child into the next school year/grade
9. What happens to Seniors if they have a balance at the end of their Sr. Year?
- Students are encouraged to use the funds in thier account prior to the end of the school year, All funds are transferred to siblings, if there is not a sibling, Parents/Guardians are issued a district board check for any remaining balances over $5.00.
10. How do I ask for a refund of funds on my childs account?
- In writing, with an parent or guardian signature. Or an email from your active email account
11. What if my child forgets his or her lunch money?
- The Food Service Department allows a student to charge a meal at all grade levels
12. Can my child buy snacks and milk if they pack lunch?
13. Can my child by snacks and ala carte items is they have a negitive lunch account balance?
- ONLY WITH CASH!!! Students will have to have cash on hand to do this. We do not allow students to charge snacks or ala carte items if they have a negitive balance
Ugly Sweater Day
Angel Gifts - NWE & HS Santas