Quoted from the Northwestern Lehigh High School Student Handbook:
All classes will receive numerical grades as per the defined grading scale:
1. 100-93 – A
2. 92-86 – B
3. 85-77 – C
4. 76-70 – D
5. Below 70 – F
Attendance and Absence Policies
Regular attendance is a basic student responsibility, and students are expected to attend daily unless absent for a valid reason.
Make-up privileges will be granted by teachers to any student who has been legally absent providing the student requests the privilege within three days after returning to school. Teachers may request students to take tests and make up class work immediately upon returning to school if circumstances dictate.
Work for Unexcused Absence
Students who miss tests, exams, labs, classes, etc. for unexcused absences will not be allowed to earn credit for those activities and they will be given a grade of zero.
- All homework and tests/quizzes MUST be completed in PENCIL. Mr. Biese will not accept these assignments in PEN and use of a PEN will result in the student receiving a grade of zero. Students MUST provide their own pencil on a daily basis.
- Assignments are due at the beginning of the period, when checked by the teacher. If not complete at that time, the maximum grade a student may receive will be 86%.
- Daily homework assignments will become a grade of zero (0) if they are not completed on the date they are due.
- Students who miss class will be responsible for any notes, handouts, and assignments given during their day of absence.
- If the student is absent only one day on the due date of a test, quiz, homework, and/or project, that assignment is due immediately upon the students return to school. (For example, you are only absent on the day of a test or quiz, you will take that test or quiz the next class day, no additional time will be granted due to a single day of absence.) In the event of multiple days of absence, all missed tests, quizzes, homework, and/or projects, must be scheduled to be made up within (3) days of that absence.