The laser cutter is another example of CNC (Computer Numerical Controlled) equipment in the the STEAM Lab that uses a focused CO2 laser to cut or engrave materials such as wood, acrylic, cardboard, or glass.
The laser cutter/engraver is capable of:
- Making 3-dimensional objects for almost any discipline.
- Items can range from the simple artistic, scale models, or working parts or prototypes.
- Using the RetinaEngrave software the laser should be able to cut or engrave using any Windows program that can print.
- Can be used to cut or engrave materials that are too fine for the CNC Router!
- Can be used to cut materials for labs or projects.
Hints for use:
- Coming soon! (The laser didn't arrive until the very end of the 15-16 school year!)
Please see Mr. Smoyer if you have questions about designing something to be cut or engraved in the STEAM Lab or email-me if you want to send me something you want cut or engraved!