Search Weisenberg's Library
Click HERE to search Weisenberg's OPAC.
Some tips on selecting a good book!
- Think about what you like ~ your hobbies and interests
- Think about the kind of book you like ~ fiction, nonfiction, picture book
- Browse the shelves and look for the special spine stickers - Junior Library Guild, holiday, etc.
- Read the back cover or the inside flap of the cover. You will usually find a short summary of what the book is about. Does it interest you?
- Open the book and look at the pages and pictures. Read a few. Is it comfortable to read (Remember the “Five Finger Rule!”) Did the author capture your interest?
- Ask someone who enjoys reading to recommend a book or author.
- Browse the shelf where your favorite author's books are. There may be a new title waiting for you!
- Look at the books on the return cart. Someone else enjoyed those books, so maybe you will too.
- Scan the books that are on display. Often they are new titles or books that are of special interest.
- Go to a computer and open the library catalog. Search for some of your favorite topics by keyword or subject.
- Ask Mrs. DeAntonis or your teacher for suggestions!