Essential/Guiding Questions to consider in Frankenstein:
- closely read all assigned chapters
- Keep a 2-way notebook (see powerpoint below)
- Complete Symbol worksheet (rec'd in class)
- Annotate text, if possible, or use sticky notes
- Identify themes & note exemplary passages
- Look at word choice
- Look at character development. What changes occur in VF and monster?
- Watch for Nature and its role
- Watch for Fate/Destiny
- Think about essential questions below
- What makes us human?
- Why is it important to love and be loved?
- How do you define personal responsibility?
- What spurs people to explore the unknown?
- How can advancement/exploration be both good AND bad?
- What is the relationship (responsibility) between creator(s) & creation(s)?