What is a Comprehensive Planning?
It is a framework for thoughtful data-driven and research-based district and school planning. Comprehensive Planning facilitates communication and collaboration, promotes shared practices and resources, and ensures that every stakeholder is working toward common goals. Additionally, Comprehensive Planning assists local education agencies (school districts, charter schools, area vocational technical schools/career and technical centers, and intermediate units) to create and manage a continuous, comprehensive plan to submit to the Department of Education in order to maintain compliance with state and federal mandates.
The Pennsylvania Department of Education describes Comprehensive Planning as "a process used to ensure that all students are achieving at high levels. Continuous planning is essential to providing increased student performance and quality results, innovative, exemplary, and research-based programs, coupled with professional development, focused and aligned resources and public participation in planning, are critical factors in districts that demonstrate continuous growth." Source PDE
In essence, it is a process conducted every three (3) years that establishes a road map for the District. The Comprehensive Plan:
- Develops a plan of action
- Aligns all stakeholders on a clear path forward
- Engages a variety of stakeholders to revalidate our Mission, Vision, and Shared Values
It is important to note that NWLSD will use their Portrait of a Graduate as a guidepost when developing their Comprehensive Plan. Learn more here.
Northwestern Lehigh's Comprehensive Plan 2020-2023
Download the Board approved Comprehensive Plan - 11/18/2020
Northwestern Lehigh's Comprehensive Planning Cycle"
We are a Phase 1 school district and the 3-year cycle is 2020-2023.
Northwestern Lehigh's Timeline for the 2020-2023 Comprehensive Plan Development
Portrait of a Graduate Unveiling
- 2/19 - Board Meeting
- Feb. - School faculty meetings and community announcement
Comprehensive Planning Process Kickoff
- 3/11 - Kickoff Meeting - Day 1
- 3/25 - Planning Meeting - Day 2
- Mar. - Finalize Mission, Vision, and Values
- Mar.-July - Schools will develop their own FRCP
- Sept 1 - Submit NWE School Plan
- July-Aug. - Develop LEA Comprehensive Plan
- 10/07 - 28-day public review and presentation - Workshop Meeting
- 10/21 - Board Meeting
- 11/18 - Acceptance of LEA Comprehensive Plan by Board - Board Meeting
- 11/30 - Submit LEA Comprehensive Plan to the PDE
Dr. Troy Sosnovik
firstname.lastname@example.org | 610.298.8661 x 1225