What is a Future Ready Comprehensive Planning (FRCP)?
It is a framework for thoughtful data-driven and research-based district and school planning. FRCP facilitates communication and collaboration, promotes shared practices and resources, and ensures that every stakeholder is working toward common goals. Additionally, FRCP assists local education agencies (school districts, charter schools, area vocational technical schools/career and technical centers, and intermediate units) to create and manage a continuous, comprehensive plan to submit to the Department of Education in order to maintain compliance with state and federal mandates.
The Pennsylvania Department of Education describes Comprehensive Planning as "a process used to ensure that all students are achieving at high levels. Continuous planning is essential to providing increased student performance and quality results, innovative, exemplary, and research-based programs, coupled with professional development, focused and aligned resources and public participation in planning, are critical factors in districts that demonstrate continuous growth." Source PDE
In essence, it is a process conducted every three (3) years that establishes a road map for the District. The FRCP:
- Develops a plan of action
- Aligns all stakeholders on a clear path forward
- Engages a variety of stakeholders to revalidate our Mission, Vision, and Shared Values
It is important to note that NWLSD will use their Portrait of a Graduate as a guidepost when developing their Comprehensive Plan. Learn more here.
Northwestern Lehigh's FRCP 2023-2026
- Professional Ethics Competencies
- Culturally Relevant and Sustaining Education (CR-SE)
- Science, Technology & Engineering, Environmental Literacy and Sustainability (STEELS) Standards
- Structured Literacy
Northwestern Lehigh's FRCP "Cycle"
We are a Phase 1 school district and the 3-year cycle is 2023-2026.
Northwestern Lehigh's Timeline for the 2020-2023 FRCP Development
- October 19, 2022 - FRCP Board Presentation
- October - December 2022 - PA School Climate Survey & Analysis
- December 2022 - March 2023 - LEA, Induction, Professional Education, and Gifted Plans Development
- April 19, 2023 - Board approval to move the 2023-26 Future Ready Comprehensive Plan to the 28-day public review period
- May 10, 2023 - June 21, 2023 - Public review period
- June 21, 2023 - Anticipated Board approval of the 2023-2026 Future Ready Comprehensive Plan and its submission to the Pennsylvania Department of Education.
- June 30, 2023 - Plan submission to the Pennsylvania Department of Education
Dr. Troy Sosnovik
firstname.lastname@example.org | 610.298.8661 x 1225