Northwestern Lehigh School District is dedicated to helping students plan for their post-secondary choices. In 1998 we joined the county-wide consortium - Lehigh County Career Pathways. At Northwestern Lehigh, career education lessons are included in Kindergarten through grade twelve to help students become aware of, explore, and eventually select a career cluster and pathway - either traditional academic or technical academic.
Arts & Humanities
•Business and Communications
•Health & Human Services
Pennsylvania (proposed) Academic Standards for Career Education and Work are met in our curriculum:
- Elementary lessons are included in the K-4 Developmental Guidance
- Middle School lessons are included in the 5-8 Developmental Guidance
- High School lessons are included in Futures I- 9th, and Futures II- 11th.
- Additional lessons are included in almost all subject areas as teachers help students become aware of careers related to various disciplines.
Help at Home:
- Northwestern subscribes to a web-based software program which helps students explore careers, demographics and post-secondary options throughout the United States. Parents and high school students have home access to Career Cruising- . Students are given our school's password information and parents may contact the High School Guidance Office for passwords.
For more information on what you can do to make these important decisions :